We offer a range of global and enhanced fixed interest, managed and enhanced cash, and credit capabilities.
All BT Investment Management’s (BTIM) income and cash portfolios utilise disciplined investment processes that capture benefits for client portfolios. In addition, our strong risk management systems ensure security and stability.
Vimal Gor joined BT Investment Management in November 2009 with responsibility for Sovereign Fixed Interest and in June 2010 was subsequently appointed Head of Income & Fixed Interest. He is ultimately responsible for all our Income and Fixed Interest funds and managing the Income & Fixed Interest team.
Watch this video to learn about our investment approach from Vimal Gor, Head of Income & Fixed Interest
Our Income & Fixed Interest portfolios use a particular investment style, using both a quantitative foundation with a qualitative overlay. A key part of the process is how we combine economic and market model data with our economic, market and credit issuer views. This process allows us to construct portfolios which aim to generate outperformance while remaining well balanced and risk controlled.
There are three key ways our ‘truly active’ approach differs from a conventional active fixed interest manager:
- Our duration trading strategies tend to be shorter in time frame with profits realised more regularly and losses stopped according to strict stop loss criteria.
- Beta (market risk) is separated from alpha (additional return driven by skill). The aim is to produce that base return and then add alpha relative to that benchmark.
- The investment process utilises a broader opportunity set than traditional Australian fixed interest managers to drive alpha. This gives a much more diverse toolkit with which to drive return when compared to most other managers – a toolkit that has been developed over many years’ experience.
An important part of the approach is striving to ensure that each of the strategies implemented are uncorrelated so that the portfolio’s active performance will not be determined by a single, or few, outcomes or themes in the market place. This should deliver a more consistent active return profile over time.
Our products include the:
- BT Wholesale Fixed Interest Fund
- BT Wholesale Monthly Income Plus Fund
- BT Pure Alpha Fixed Income Fund
- BT Wholesale Enhanced Cash Fund
- BT Wholesale Managed Cash Fund
Download our philosophy and process slide pack.